Cane Grub Management
Information on cane grubs is available from the following sites:
- SRA website
- Burdekin Region Cane Grub Identification Information Sheet
- Greyback Cane Grub Information Sheet
- Greyback Cane Grub Management Plan
Mostly found in paddocks that poorly drain or remain wet. Wireworms bore into the eyes of germinating billets or
ratooning stubble, or into the growing point of young shoots.
Pig control information is available at these sites:
- Poisoning of Feral Pigs Guide
- Feral Pig Baiting Station Guide
- Trapping of Feral Pigs Guide
- Exclusion Fencing For Feral Pig Control Guide
- Shooting/Hunting of Feral Pigs Guide
Groups of at least three people can apply for a pig shooting subsidy. To apply, complete the application form and submit it to the BPS office.
Damage mitigation permits are available from the EHP website.
Information on rat management is available from the following sites:
If any rat baiting activities are undertaken, these need to be recorded by BPS staff to ensure ongoing registration of baiting products
Information on FAW is available from the Sugar Research Australia link below:
If you have any suspicions please give the staff at BPS a call.
Information on other pests can be found here.
BPS Grower Services
- Contact BPS to discuss pest damage and management options.
- BPS staff can provide assistance calibrating insecticide applicators.