Cane Grub Management
Information on cane grubs is available from the following sites:
- SRA website
- Burdekin Region Cane Grub Identification Information Sheet
- Greyback Cane Grub Information Sheet
Pig control information is available at these sites:
- Poisoning of Feral Pigs Guide
- Trapping of Feral Pigs Guide
- Exclusion Fencing For Feral Pig Control Guide
- Shooting/Hunting of Feral Pigs Guide
Groups of at least three people can apply for a pig shooting subsidy. To apply, complete the application form and submit it to the BPS office.
Damage mitigation permits are available from the EHP website.
Information on rat management is available from the following sites:
If any rat baiting activites are undertaken, these need to be recorded by BPS staff to ensure ongoing registration of baiting products
Information on other pests can be found here.
BPS Grower Services
- Contact BPS to discuss pest damage and management options.
- BPS staff can provide assistance calibrating insecticide applicators.